1. When you were growing up, did it feel like it was your responsibility to make a parent happy, and if s/he was not happy, it was your fault?
2. Did you grow up with alcoholism or addiction, or did you experience neglect, abandonment, or physical, emotional, or sexual abuse?
3. Do you find it impossible to say no to requests, then feel resentful when you get overwhelmed?
4. Do you get involved in other people’s problems even if they don’t ask for your help?
5. Do you often find yourself in relationships in which you become the caretaker for the other person? Read more